The new normal changed everything, isn’t it? Even fashion has changed to casuals. But it becomes a task to snap out of the comfy wears at home and get into business wear when you have to meet clients or meet up with your fellow mates for business discussions. On other occasions, you surely have great ideas to choose from festive outfits. Let’s see what kind of outfits you can choose for business meetings orshould you go with business wear or business casual?
Many say it’s important to look presentable during your meeting but not too gaudy that everyone’s attention is on your clothes. Choosing the right combination of clothes is sometimes tricky and can go completely wrong.
What are the stylish options that you can get inspired to make your collection of business wear or business casual wear?
Different Looks That You Can Nail.
- The Urban Cool: The ankle lengthened fitted pants paired with a grey suit and pullover not just look great but stylish. Also, pair this with black patent oxford shoes and that’s your outfit, the one to put about a great impression on your first day of work.
- Sophisticated Office Wear: They say old is gold. And so, even if beige is old school fashion, it still works. Pair it up with a semi-casual ruffle white shirt and a pointy heel and you’re good to go. It’s a good sophisticated wear which can be worn even for a casual lunch meeting.
- Are You Corporate Ready?: Striped skirt and suit is the best and comfortable corporate wear for important meetings. This is not just comfortable but also really stylish and sleek. Pair this with small heeled shoes and there you go. A perfect corporate look that gives you confidence and a go-getter attitude.
- Cardigans: These are like comfort wear but made for the office. Imagine a pleasant day that just brings a smile on your face, that’s the kind of day you would (this might not be the situation for everyone) want to or feel like wearing the cardigans. But as every woman’s body is different, it won’t be easy to pull off a cardigan. Adding to this, if you wear it right or choose the right kind that’s best suited for your body, then it’ll be easy to do so. If you are uncomfortable about how your arms look, then you might want to choose a less slimming cardigan.
- Oversized Blazers: This is the trendiest of the list. Maybe the other listed wears might go old and boring but an oversized blazer doesn’t. It’s just natural to have one in the closet. This can be used in winters as well as summers. Similar to how tricky it is to wear a cardigan; the oversized blazer is also tricky and needs a few tips to be worn right. As the name suggests, it’s oversized, so you need to make sure you take a size smaller to match the oversized part but not too much that you sink in it. This blazer is best worn with skinny or high waist jeans.
- The Polished Look: If you need to nail an interview for your dream job, then you have to be polished in your looks. It’s not to impress the interviewers but to give you the confidence to ace it. A slim-cut navy suit with a white shirt and heels, just perfect. Minimal jewelry and a sophisticated handbag complete the polished look.
- Summer Business Attire:A heavy blazer or corporate look might not be the perfect look for the summer times. You will surely feel sweaty and irritated by the attire. Choosing the right attire for the summers is tricky but not difficult. Lightweight skirts, pants, dresses are the key to achieve a sophisticated look. During summer it’s really not important to wear a blazer at least at your desk. But it’s good to keep one in handy just in case of a meeting.
Business Attire for Women.
Pants: Pants to wear for business comes in various styles – boot cut, straight leg, cigarette styles, etc. Sometimes it so happens that you choose the kind of pant style that doesn’t suit your body type but you insist on it; later you tend to regret your decision. When you buy according to your body type make sure you give it to the tailor to stitch it up to your length. You obviously don’t want a bunch of pants at the bottom of your leg. Now, the colour, choose neutral hues like navy blue, black, grey, these are ideal for business wears.
Skirts: The length of the skirts are really critical to choose from. You need to make sure your skirt finishes at knee-length or below. And about slits on the skirts, it shouldn’t too high or tight, you have to be comfortable while sitting and walking. The pencil skirts are a fantastic choice but you also need to make sure you know your body type.
Shirts: White buttoned-up shirts are the best choice for business wear shirts. But there are other colours that you can wear that’s just simple buttoned-up business wear shirts. You can also choose black or grey that’s ideal for business wear shirts. For something different, you can choose soft tones or deep hues.
Dresses: These dresses that you choose for business wear shouldn’t be tight-fitting but also shouldn’t so loose that you get drown in the dress. It should be an exact fit with a good length that’s till the knee or below it. With a dress, pair it up with a blazer or sweater and a good looking yet comfortable heel.
Business Casual for Women.
Corporate looks are always simple hued clothes, but when it comes to casual it’s not that you can wear anything and everything. You need to know to identify if your office is a casual wear office; you just have to look at the people working in the office and the kind of clothes they are wearing. Business casual is to wear jeans instead of pants and pair it up with a good sweater blazer for a professional yet stylish look.
The colours of the clothes don’t really matter. The only thing you need to do is to mix and match the colours. On a blue jean, you would want to pair it up with a nice black or white, or off-white shirts or t-shirts. Sometimes even a cardigan works will on a blue or black jean.
You can even add accessories but make sure you don’t choose the ones that make noise and distract others in the office. It needs to be subtle yet stylish. And now the footwear; business wear requires you to wear heels for the whole corporate and professional look, but in casual, you may very confidently choose flats or sneakers.
So, as we are at the end of the blog, you have an excellent opportunity to choose to either wear business casual clothes or business wear according to your workplace environment. Also, try out some styles beyond the list above. You do not have to stick to it. Sometimes, mixing up two different styles works but not always. Let’s say, you mix what you usually wear as business wear and match it up with something that you usually wear for business casual. It might work with a few styles. Do try it out. Go crazy.