Businesses are likely to make a better profit if they can provide a service to someone who wants the service at a time when they need it. In the traditional world of business, the equation was built on elements of probability. However, in today’s world of mobile applications, it is possible to not only identify the user who wants service but also their location and in real-time. This is the world of on-demand services!
We have seen the on-demand revolution spread across almost every avenue of our lives. We have started to order transportation, food, domestic services and a lot more of them using these on-demand mobile apps. In all of this, it cannot be denied that all these utilities exist as different apps. What if there was a single app that provided all these utilities under one umbrella? The answer to this million-dollar question or rather a billion-dollar question is super apps.
We have already seen apps like WeChat perform similar tasks of providing multiple utilities under a single app. However, if there is one app that carved a niche of awesomeness for itself, it has to be Go-jek.
As we all know, Go-jek is the first unicorn from Indonesia and it provides more than 30 different services. The Go-jek app development was designed to include transportation, delivery, home-based services, and even financial services. This app has opened the market-possibilities for multi-service apps. The demand for Gojek clone scripts is on the rise.
Benefits of an app like Go-jek
Handling multiple utilities within a single app
An app like Go-jek completely eliminates the need for multiple applications for multiple utilities. This means that it saves quite a lot of mobile space and the ecosystem makes it extremely useful for everyone to use that app. There might be questions on the scenarios where a person needs just one or two of the utilities. The services offered by the app have been crafted in such a way that it is quite possible that the user might need multiple utilities. The geography has to be taken into consideration. What Go-jek built might have been relevant for Indonesia. For each country, it is important to study the market before embarking on creating a super app.
Reduced marketing effort
Every time a new app is introduced, there is quite a lot of money spent on marketing the app in finding a user-base. However, with super apps, it is just a matter of including a utility in an app upgrade. You already have a defined set of users who are a part of the super app. This means that you would be starting with a considerable count of users on the first day.
Attracting micro app developers
Since your app offers multiple utilities, it is quite likely that small scale app developers will create apps that seamlessly integrate into your app ecosystem. This brings a couple of advantages. On one side, you have a steady supply of apps that you do not even have to invest in your development and design efforts. On the other hand, the micro-app creators also get benefited by quickly selling out their creation. This encourages a lot of developers to create micro-apps for your super app making. With this practice, your super app gets bigger and better without considerable investment.
Optimize utilization of human resources
There are possibilities that a single resource providing a single service might be used for multiple utilities. For example, a bike taxi driver in addition to providing people transportation can also help in food delivery and courier pickups. If planned properly, these drivers can also come in handy for transporting people who provide household services.
Unified payment and better revenue
Go-jek provides its own payment gateway services. They also offer wallets. However, not every super app might be able to do the same. Anything said, super apps offer a unified payment system and this helps in showcasing the revenue of your app. This also helps you handle the commissions and the payouts in a relatively efficient manner.
Categorizing the services
The services offered by Go-jek can be broadly classified into three categories: transportation, delivery, and home services.
- Transportation encompasses taxis and bikes. There is a wide variety of offer within transportation itself. Users can opt-in for a sedan or a hatchback or even a luxury vehicle. In short, Go-jek covers all the transportation requirements that Indonesia might require. .
- Delivery services include food delivery and freelance courier services. Go-jek also offers courier pick up and fuel delivery, having partnered with Pertamina.
- Home services are the ones that are made available to a user at their home based on their requirement. These services include but are not limited to beauty services, massages, babysitting services, and home cleaning services.
What makes a super app more user-friendly?
One of the greatest catalysts to the popularity of a super app is its usability. Certain features need to be in place to ensure that the user delight stays aloft.
- Making it easy for the user to sign up using social media logins. Ensure that they do not have to remember too many passwords. The retrieval of the account also becomes easy.
- The account should provide them with a complete history of all the services available and the upcoming appointments.
- The user should be able to make use of multiple payment methods. It includes cash, cards, internet banking, and e-wallets.
- Live tracking should be available for both users and the service providers alike. This will help the service being delivered without much hassle. After all, one of the greatest advantages brought about by on-demand services is the position of tracking location.
- Users should constantly be updated on the progress of the request.
Creating an app like Go-jek involves putting together impeccable coding and interactive design. It might be quite an expensive affair to create an app like Go-jek from scratch. However, with the availability of Go-jek clones, you can save a lot of time and money. These Go-jek clones scripts are extremely customizable and they can be made to bear your brand language in every aspect of design.
Should you have a requirement to create a Go-jek clone, you can get in touch with our team. We will take care to understand your requirements and create a perfect Go-jek clone for your business.
Jennifer is a business advisor and strategist for Appdupe. She effectively helps new startups and tech companies to achieve their full potential with her unconventional marketing strategies. On a normal day you can find her in a public speaking on how startups can achieve success with a marketing plan.