You get a speeding ticket when you run your vehicle at a more than allowed speed on the streets and it is one of the most common tickets that people get. It comes under the violation of traffic rules. You probably know all this. But there is a question that crosses almost everyone’s mind at least once in their life. The question is, is it necessary to hire a traffic violation attorney if you get a speeding ticket? The traffic violation attorneys will have faced this question a lot of times from people.
Following are some of the reasons why you should hire a traffic violation attorney for your speeding ticket:
- Knowledge about technicalities of law: Every law has some technical points which are difficult to understand for a normal person and can be solved only by the traffic violation attorneys. These technical points can be used to dismiss your citation by experienced attorneys. These lawyers specialize in traffic violation laws and thus will always use the laws for your benefit.
- Can represent you in court: Going to court for your citation requires you to spare some time for this purpose only, forcing you to take office leave or adjust your routine for the hearing. But if you have hired a traffic violation lawyer then you can save your time, as your lawyer can represent you in court and you need not be present there. It saves you the inconvenience.
- Save money: If you have a good traffic violation lawyer, he/she can not only help you in dismissing the case but can also help in reducing your fine, if the case cannot be dismissed for any reason. If you accept and charges without any dispute, it will mean that you are guilty and will result in a recorded conviction. You can keep the conviction off record even after accepting that you are guilty if you dispute it on the basis of your previous driving record. If you have a clean driving record, then the fine for your speeding ticket can be reduced and kept off the record. Who doesn’t want a clean record when it comes to disputes with law.
- Can help dismiss points or convictions: a Speeding ticket is a result of traffic violation and will appear on your driving record, giving a bad impression at later stages. And if the conviction is too serious, your driver’s license can even be suspended or revoked. If you receive a conviction for a traffic violation, it will show on your driving record for three years minimum and in case of serious violations like hit and run, you can receive a DUI stay on your driving record for at least 10 years. But you hire the services of an expert and experienced attorney, he/she can help you to dismiss or reduce points on your driving record for a traffic violation and prevent you from losing your driving privileges with your license.
- Cheaper option: When you get a speeding ticket, fine is not the only thing that you have to pay. The costs may include a base fine, assessment charge, surcharge, state penalty assessment, county penalty assessment, court facility construction penalty assessment, DNS identification penalty assessment, medical emergency penalty assessment, etc. In addition to all these costs, any conviction in your driving record also increases your cost for car insurance. So, it is a better and cheaper option to hire a traffic violation attorney for your speeding ticket to prevent you from huge fines.
When you get in any legal matter like a business issue, property issue, etc. you turn to your lawyer to prevent you from the convictions and losses. Similarly, it is always advised to hire the best traffic violation attorney that you can if you get a speeding ticket or if you get any traffic violation ticket. Driving is kind of an important part of your daily routine and if you get regular tickets for that, you will probably lose your driving license, making your life complicated. And even if you don’t lose your license, having too many points or convictions on your driving record makes you an untrustworthy driver and you run the risk of getting more tickets eventually.
If you have a good attorney he can save your money on fines, reduce or dismiss your convictions, even convert your conviction to attending driving school, which will not show any conviction on your driving record.
There are many attorneys and law agencies that provide traffic violation prevention services for you in court. They charge a minimum amount as their fee and save you from paying any fine or penalty. They help you in keeping your driving record clean from any convictions. These lawyers are experts in their field and have a good experience. Get the best lawyer and save your time and money.