As an integral aspect of modern social media marketing plans, it influences essay a clinical role, especially for fashion, lifestyle and fitness brands. When your organic endeavors are also drawing traffic, investing in a reputable influencer/celeb to promote your brand is an incredibly compelling and effective method for innumerable brands out there.
At the same time, picking the wrong person could be a costly mistake. So, take it as a pivotal investment and do your research.
- Relevance matters a lot. There are plenty of influencers in the market. Each of them appeals to different demographics and age groups.
- When you have to select the right influencer for marketing your products and brands, it’s important for you to choose the one whose appeal and credentials are in sync with your target audience.
- So, know your target audience first. It’s a crucial part of running a successful marketing program. It’s all about coherence and relevance.
- Influencers don’t come at a throwaway price. So, as a fashion brand, or any other brand for that matter, doing your homework and diligence to make sure the influencer’s voice complies with that of your brand is paramount.
- Nobody wants any nasty or hidden surprises after signing the contract.
- For instance, if you need one in the fashion and travel circuit, you can look at some of the most popular travel and fashion blogs and their respective Instagram accounts.
Choosing The Right Instagram Influencer For Your Fashion Brand – A Detailed Study
Audience quality matters a lot
While searching for Instagram influencers, you may experience some having fake followers or poor engagement. There are many influencers who buy likes and followers for Instagram. To determine if they are doing this or not, it’s crucial to focus on a few abnormalities or anomalies.
- The influencer’s content quality is abysmal, but the person has a high following.
- The person publishes scanty content but has a large following or high engagement rate.
- The influencer has a very low or high engagement for their followers’ count.
- If the influencer is following more people than his/her followers’ count, it means the person could be following follow-unfollow or follow-to-follow tactics.
- Many influencers have an amalgam of certain traits, such as scanty or zero content, strange or weird usernames, no profile photos, suspicious follower ratios, anonymous profiles, and stock photos and copied bios.
- If the influencer has just created the IG profile but has a huge following, you can smell a rat!
- There are irregular and sudden follower behavior/patterns on the Instagram profile. An account may suddenly show massive explosions of follower growth, but that pace may suddenly drop again.
- If most of the comments on their posts are repetitive, generic, and spammy, you better not bank on such influencers.
- After publishing something, the person’s post gains a huge amount of likes in no time.
- If the videos of the influencer have low view count as compared to his/her follower size, it’s probably paid views.
- Authenticity is another crucial factor. Authentic social media influencers will have a dedicated following.
- Even if their numbers are not sky-high, their followers will be genuine and loyal.
- These people can build consumer trust and loyalty by becoming their niche experts, such as fashion and food and drink.
- They show their mettle by sharing personal stories, advice, and tips along with their regular posts. Each content is genuine.
Studying the engagement metrics
One optimal way to inspect and determine the authenticity of an influencer is to gauge his/her audience engagement. Apart from plain numbers, you need to examine data analysis to effectuate a compact marketing strategy.
- You need to be aware of both the positives and pitfalls of the influencer if you want to determine their target audience.
- There are dedicated marketing tools for determining your influencer’s merit and bolstering your brand.
- Examining their technical skills is very pivotal. Currently, anyone can be a social media influencer.
- Just having a high-end camera and that intent, image, look, and vibe of an influencer can make anyone hog the limelight. The millennial generation is crazy.
- Some may make up for their different visages through stories and captions.
- These are the things that put an influencer on top since the person has the social caliber to draw attention and sustain it. As a fashion brand, you want your audience to buy your product at the end of the day.
- Additionally, technical skills have a lot of relevance in this business. If the influencer is deft in crisis management or explanations in their campaigns, it’s a bonus.
Frequency and reach
For numerous verticals, you can find a direct link between how a fashion blogger posts his/her content and their rate of visitor returns and traffic.
- As with any other social media platform or/and website, it always takes a whole lot of exposures to convince a visitor to click and check out of your website.
- Post the link of your site on your Stories, feed, and content. Make sure it appears on the explore tab of your members.
- Reach may not be the most crucial metric, but it’s definitely a priceless consideration.
- Marketers and fashion brands need to resist their urge and impulse to only underline unique visitors as a yardstick to measure reach. It’s a flawed procedure.
- Followers and traffic only have meaning to the extent when and if the influencer reaches to your brand’s target market.
- For example, if you’re a fashion brand, a lifestyle and fitness blogger with a small reach will be more influential than an animal blogger with 200,000 unique visitors per month.
The criteria for influencers
Social media influencers entail a typical specialization is a specific category or topic. Fashion influencers follow the same pathway.
- Mapping out the relatable context for your clothing line is indispensable to improve merit and acceptability in your target audience.
- The standard categories include fashion, fitness, gadgets, food, mommy, sports, travel, etc.
- You need to see whether the influencer wears or can carry off your items or not.
If the one endorsing your brand cannot do justice to it and make it look fashionable and irresistible, it makes no sense to proceed with that person.
Walter Moore is a notable management consultant and digital marketing expert. He is an experienced digital marketer and has helped e-commerce businesses in all niches gain with his effective marketing strategies and guidance.